More than just an overseas education.
OCBL is a business & Technology college and a community with courses & programs carefully created to meet the needs of a rapidly evolving business world. Our teaching is centered around world-class, cutting-edge curriculum and industry connections.
All OCBL students are part of the OCBL family, which means access to amazing resources to help students hit the ground running with their lives in Canada. Whether that’s helping you find a place to live, or the best places to unwind on a Friday night, our team has got you covered! Take part in social events and guest speakers at the school, and field trips to explore the city. You’ll have tons of opportunities to get to know the city, make new friends and broaden your network.
Canadian Visa For Programs Shorter Than 24 Weeks.
Canadian visa for programs longer than 24 weeks
These are some of the required documents to apply:
- Passport with at least 15 months left before expiry
- Photo (IRCC has specific requirements for the Visa application photograph),
- Proof of financial support,
- Our Letter of Acceptance (LOA),
- Our DLI number: O144539947072
We encourage future students to seek to consult when applying for the Study & Work Permits. In addition, here is a link to a good resource to help you get started. If you are transferring to Ontario College of Business & Technology from another Canadian educational institution, you must notify IRCC when you change institutions through your MyCIC account. It is your responsibility to know and understand the International Student Immigration Regulations. For more information, visit the IRCC website.
Learn about each step of our college admission process.
Step 1: Choose a Program of Interest
Decide what program you are interested in pursuing.
Step 2: Confirm you meet the admission requirements:
- Live Online or in Person Interview
- 18 year of age or older
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, or mature Students that pass a Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam.
- IELTS of 5.5 or equivalent for Non-native English speakers or successfully pass an Ontario College of Business & Technology ESL Basic & ESL Advance with a min. passing grade average of 60%
- Post-secondary diploma, degree or a certificate from another country is considered an equivalent to an Ontario Secondary School Diploma if assessed at an Ontario OSSD level by a recognized assessment service such as World Education Service, University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies, Comparative Education Service or the International Credential Assessment Service.
Step 3: Payment Plan and Deposit Payment
Once you have all the admission documents and thin you are ready to apply, please complete the International Student Application below and remit a non-refundable $300 CAD application fee.
If accepted into a program, an Education Success Advisor will create a custom payment plan for you. You will be required to make a 25% deposit of the full program cost. All payments must be made in Canadian Dollars. In order to process a refund of the deposit in case your application is cancelled or visa is denied, you will need to provide us with a refusal letter from Immigration.
Step 4: Letter of Acceptance
Once your deposit payment has been remitted, we will send you a Letter of Acceptance which will be required to apply for your study visa.
Step 5: Send a copy of your approved study visa.
Please note that students who graduate from a Diploma program at Ontario College of Business & Technology or any other private career colleges, are currently may not be eligible to receive a Post Graduate Work Permit. As every case is different we strongly suggest consulting with a professional such as an Immigration lawyer or Certified Immigration Consultant.
These admissions requirements apply to all students, who are not a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident or Protected Person.